Since my last post I've turned a year older, made slight progress on my thesis, and been tagged by Lisaopolis. I figure I can take a few moments to respond, since I'm not going to do any real work at this hour anyway. So here are 6 things you may not know about me:
1. I've broken bones twice by falling off a bicycle; my leg when I was 8 and my collarbone when I was 17. I don't ride bikes anymore.
2. Most of the time, I don't mind being so short (5'1"). The only time it really bothered me was when I found out I wasn't tall enough to be a rower. I was a lousy coxswain.
3. I've had crushes on a couple of my students, which I would NEVER act on.
4. I can live quite happily with a filthy bathroom, and only clean it when I know someone's coming to visit. (so always call first!)
5. When I was working as a cashier at Lumberman's, Harry Anderson (the judge on Night Court) came into the store to buy some building supplies & I declined his credit card. I was so annoyed at the machine for rejecting the card, I didn't even notice that it was him.
6. I went to Budapest in 1988, trimmed my bangs while there, and had a few moments of panic when the border guards looked like they didn't believe I was the same person as the picture in my passport, and they might not let me leave the country.
So there you go, now you can feel like you really know who I am. A clumsy, short, Mrs. Robinson wanna-be with horrible housekeeping habits, less than impressive observation skills, and very nearly an exile in an eastern bloc country.
Now back to my isolation chamber, see you in a month or so.