10 August 2006

Visitors From the West

My mom and sister are coming to visit me tomorrow. Which means they're getting on a plane in Seattle today. It's not really the best day to be dealing with airport security, but we've been planning this for months, so there's not much we can do about that.

I have to say, I'm annoyed that 21 people (and however many more were involved in the plotting) can screw up everyone's travel plans so completely. When I fly, I always bring water with me, because the drink service rarely comes around when I'm thirsty. Thanks to some assholes, that's not an option now. And neither is (this is my favorite one) toothpaste. (??)

What is it about religious fanatics that makes them think their personal deity wants them to kill people? Which god supports that? For that matter, what sane person decides to plan out that kind of thing? It's not like it can just happen, there's got to be a lot of details that have to be worked out before something like that can be put into action. You would think (or at least I would) that at some point during the weeks or months of planning, someone would stop and go "Hey! Maybe we're interpreting this whole thing wrong? Maybe we're NOT supposed to be murdering thousands of people? Maybe that won't actually get us a ticket to paradise, because it's really not a good thing to be doing!"

Or am I being too logical?

Anyway, my mom & sister are coming to visit, I'm excited about it, and I think it's stupid that they're going to have to deal with 2 hour security lines just to get here. But I do think I'm worth it. :)

Oh yeah, and I probably won't be posting for a few weeks, but I'll spill everything about the trip when I get back.

3 comments:

Aaron Fowles said...

Have a blast with the fam!

Kathy Ireland Smith said...

Hi Wendy, I'm visiting Poland for seven weeks starting Sept. 13. I came across your blog but I didn't see a way to contact you, so I'm going to comment and just hope that you e-mail me (kathyvirgw at yahoo dot com).

I'm trying to find inexpensive housing in Krakow or a suburb of Krakow. Can't find anything for less than 1200 USD per month on the Internet.

My question to you: is it possible to quickly find and rent something for around 500 USD in this area? Can you direct me to a good online resource or provide suggestions? Perhaps we can rent a hotel for a couple nights & find someting once we arrive in Krakow.

Thank you,

Kathy Ireland Smith

P.S. My husband & I are chronicling our adventures in Europe on our blog: walkingthinice.com.

A Man said...

I hope you have a great time with your mom and your sister and are able to do everything you've planned on doing. Don't let a little extra stress at the airport ruin everything for you!!