28 July 2006

I am an Idiot

I've been trying really hard not to do too much complaining about the heat, to make up for all the bitching I did about the cold during the winter. However, it's been ridiculously hot for a ridiculously long time, and I'm sick of it. Especially considering that all of my windows face west, which I think I've mentioned before.

However, this is not strictly true - there's also a window in the kitchen, which faces north (the window that is; I'm not sure you can say that a room faces any particular direction - can you?). It's above my eye level (what isn't?) and there's a lace curtain covering the top half of it, so I've never looked at it that closely. Until two days ago, when I discovered that it opens. (This is the part where I'm an idiot. I've lived in this apartment for 2 1/2 years.)

Say hello to the wonders of a cross breeze! My evenings are much more pleasant now. Even the afternoons are almost tolerable. (Oh crap, now I have that stupid Air Supply song in my head, "Even the nights are better...")

3 comments:

Aaron Fowles said...

Wendy discovers windows.

Mari said...

It could be worse, there could be a summer breeze blowing thru the jasmine in your mind. :) OR you could be all out of love.

The Wendy Lady said...

Now you're just being mean!